September 18, 2020
Information about CMTBC’s registration examination can be found on the Exam Components webpage.
Law, Ethics & Professionalism
Locations and Dates:
- Vancouver*: October 20-23, 2020
- Kelowna: October 21, 2020
- Victoria: October 21, 2020
*Candidates taking the exam in Vancouver will receive an email advising them of their assigned exam date and time. Change requests cannot be accommodated due to physical distancing requirements. Exam candidates are assigned exam sitting times; details will be provided by email to individual candidates when the schedule is finalized.
We request your patience as you await scheduling details.
Written Exams: Knowledge & Theory of Sciences and Clinical Science
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020
Time: approximately 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. (times vary, see below)
Exam candidates are assigned staggered arrival times to provide for physical distancing; details will be provided by email to individual candidates when the schedule is finalized.
- Kelowna: Coast Capri Hotel, 1171 Harvey Ave, Kelowna, map
- Coquitlam*: Executive Plaza Hotel, 405 North Rd, Coquitlam , map
- Burnaby*: Executive Suites Hotel, 4201 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby, map
- Victoria: Hotel Grand Pacific, 463 Belleville St, Victoria, map
*Candidates writing in the lower mainland/Greater Vancouver area will receive an email advising them if their exam venue is Burnaby or Coquitlam. Change requests cannot be accommodated due to physical distancing requirements.
- Details for check-in, including safety protocols regarding COVID-19, will be provided by email.
- Please do not contact the hotel/exam venue; please email [email protected] if you have questions.
Safety Protocols – reducing the transmission of the COVID-19 virus at the Written Exams
- Everyone involved in the administration of CMTBC’s written exams, including candidates, invigilators, venue staff and CMTBC staff will follow the safety protocols below.
- The safety protocols are consistent with public health and safety guidance provided by BC’s Provincial Health Officer, the BC Centre for Disease Control, and WorkSafeBC.
- The safety protocols are subject to change, to reflect new guidance provided by relevant public health and governmental authorities.
Only Asymptomatic People Will Be Permitted at the Exams
- All persons attending the written exams are required to complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool on Friday, September 25, 2020.
- Any persons who:
- are recommended to get a COVID-19 test and self-isolate, or
- are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19,
will NOT be permitted entrance to the exams and may NOT attend.
- Candidates are required to advise [email protected] as soon as possible if they will not be attending the exams for either reason listed above.
Screening at the written exams
- Candidates will be asked health screening questions based on the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool when they sign-in for the written exams.
- CMTBC and its staff, invigilators and exam proctors reserve the right to turn candidates away at the exams if a candidate presents with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
Physical distancing of 2 metres / 6 feet will be maintained at all times where possible.
- Each exam room will contain less than 50 persons at all times.
- Physical distancing markers will be used and must be adhered to.
- Within the exam rooms, tables/desks will be set up to ensure a minimum of 6 feet / 2 metres between candidates.
- Will be assigned to, and adhere to, staggered arrival times to minimize the number of candidates arriving at the venue at any given time. Do not arrive early – arrive at your scheduled time.
- Will not congregate before or after the exams, nor during the break between the two written exams.
- Should plan to leave the exam area during the mid-day break and upon completion of their exam/s.
- Must follow directions of invigilators, CMTBC staff, and venue staff at all times.
- Will maintain a physical distance from all persons involved in the exams, where possible.
- Where physical distancing cannot be maintained, all other safety measures will be adhered to (including pre-screening, hand hygiene, and use of face masks/shields, and enhanced cleaning).
- Will sanitize their hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer at sign-in. Hand sanitizer will be available at the sign-in desk.
- Must bring a small, clear container of hand sanitizer for personal use during the exam.
- Will follow instructions/protocols set by the venue.
- Will sanitize their hands upon arrival at the venue, prior to entering the exam room and after coming into contact with high-touch surfaces (e.g. doorknobs).
- Will wear gloves or sanitize/wash their hands before and after handling candidates’ identification and exam materials.
- Will follow instructions/protocols set by the venue.
Cleaning & High-touch Surfaces
- All tables/desks will be sanitized before use and again during the mid-day break.
- Bring only what you need to the written exams. Items you bring may not be set down on furniture, tables, desks, or the ground. You will be given a large plastic bag for storage of outdoor clothing and other items that will be placed in a designated area within the exam room. You will also be given a large ziploc bag for storage of items that you will be permitted to bring to your exam desk/table.
- Will hold the door to the exam room open for you upon re-entry during the exam (i.e. after a bathroom break).
Masks / Face Shields
Must wear a cloth or non-medical face mask and/or face shield upon arrival at the venue and keep it on at all times when moving through the venue and exam room/s, including the bathroom.
- Must temporarily lower their mask/shield when asked to do so during sign-in for confirmation of identity.
- May remove their face mask/shield when seated during the exam.
- Will wear masks and/or face shields throughout the administration of the exams.
Performance Based Assessment:
- Dates: September 1-5 and September 9-13, 2020
- Location: Fortius Sport & Health, 3713 Kensington Avenue, Burnaby
CANDIDATES: If your contact information changes – phone number/s, email address, or mailing address – update your record in the Applicant Portal to ensure that you receive timely updates by email.